Sunday, March 14, 2010

Megan's last game for cheer

Megan cheered at her last basketball game on Thursday. The boys' team went to the state tournament in Emporia. It was a very exciting game but we lost in overtime by 3 points.

Here's Megan going to school in the morning. They took at bus after school to Emporia for the game. I drove down with another cheer mom.
She pulled her hair up for the game and they all wore these cute #1 tattoos on their faces. This picture is from halftime. I couldn't get a picture before the game & was worried she'd be upset if they lost. So...I bribed her with a water bottle to come up in the stands so I could get a picture of her :) Notice it's behind the stands so no one would see her mom taking a picture of her.

I took some video of the cheerleaders getting the crowd pumped up before the game and will try to load it in another post. SMS took 3 or 4 pep buses of students to the game so we had a huge student section. The team has had are really great year and it's been fun for Meg to cheer for a winning team with so much student support.

2 comments:

Mleyneks said...

She's proud of you, Mom, and she'll thank you for the pictures once she graduates and all that remains from this time in her life will be the memories!

Lauren said...

Thanks for passing along the National Geographic magazine highlighting the Amalfi Coast. It's the most beautiful place in the world - at least that I've been to so far. I just can't help but stare at the cover! I'm going to read the article about it tonight. Hope to see you guys soon!