Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carving Pumpkins



Carving pumpkins has been a tradition for us since the kids were little. I wish I had a scanner to post a funny photo of Megan as an infant next to a big carved pumpkin. Maybe I'll put a scanner on my Christmas list. Anyway, I think that's how she got the nickname "pumpkin" which we still call her sometimes :)
The carving process has gotten much easier for me. I just cut the top off & the kids do the rest. Megan is the gut scooper since Ryan won't do it. Meg picked out a cute ghost pattern with Boo on it & Ryan did a tigerhawk (again!) with the words IOWA! He's definitely a creature of habit. He's going to dress as a football player (again!) to trick or treat.
I'll post a picture of our pumpkins glowing once it get's dark tonight.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I was thinking, "why are they in the house? I'd send them out to the deck."
...but they're big kids now, huh?!? :)

Unknown said...

Are you sure that he isn't Brent's kid??

Anonymous said...

Hi Amys - Both of you asked good questions.
RE: the pumpkins, our carpet is so old & nasty it needs to be replaced otherwise they'd be carving outside. I made them put newspaper down which made Bruce upset since they used yesterday's newspaper vs old ones :)

RE: Ryan, yep - the similarities are scary sometimes. Ryan not only looks like Brent, loves the hawks like Brent (& Bruce), but is also starting to get Brent's sense of humor. Sometimes I have to do a double take to make sure it's my son & not my brother riding in the car with me :)