Here's Megan with her friends after their last final exam. I dropped them off at Lauren's house (no I haven't redecorated, this is not my house) and got this quick photo. The girls are Megan (of course), Jessica, Lauren, Abbie, & Kayla.
Ryan's photos are in reverse order - sorry! This was a full class photo at the final day picnic. The 6th graders lead the "walkout" and then came to the park by the school for food & frolic. Ryan is on the far right side in the yellow shirt. There were 72 kids in his class but I'm not sure they are all in this photo.
The final day includes an awards assembly. Here's Ryan and his buddies showing off their President's achievement awards for academics. There is a silver level for a 3.5 GPA and a gold level for a 4.0. It's over their 4th, 5th, & 6th grade years. Ryan got a gold award and we are very proud of him. Megan got a gold award when she finished 6th grade too & had warned Ryan not to break the "Donnelly kid" streak. Hmm.... Ryan's friends to the right are Joe, Dalton, Matthew, & Luke. Pete is on his left.This is the video of the actual walk-out. It's a privilege for the 6th grade to lead it and they walk around & gather all kids behind them. Ryan is at the front so feel free to stop watching after he passes (10 second mark or so). His teacher is in the white shirt a little after Ryan. You'll hear me say "Yeah teachers." But they didn't hear me. Ryan really loved Mr. C & will miss him.
It was hard for me not to cry while watching Ryan walk out of elementary school. I'm ready to move on but scentimental for all the years I picked him up from school. He'll now ride the bus to & from school. It's for the best cause as a teen-to-be, he won't run to my car anymore & talk my ear off all the way home anyway :)
1 comment:
Congrats, Everyone! What a tough moment saying good bye to the elementary school. It was a great school!!! You'll be facing more emotional stuff with these two growing up! I feel like I have worked through some of that with my older kids, so now I seem to handle the thoughts without the tears as much. We'll see someday when Mallory walks down the aisle to "Mr. Perfect" for her. That will be the test for me if I can watch that and keep it together!!
Post a Comment