Tuesday, December 15, 2009

13 Fabulous Years of Ryan

My baby turns 13 tomorrow!!! Wow - what a blessing Ryan has been to our lives over the past 12 years. I have always told Ry he was my best birthday present & Christmas present ever! I found out I was expecting him on my 30th birthday. Yep - April 6th 1996 the doctor's office called with my test results. Back then, it took days for results to come back but they called me the next day. Then, he was born 9 days before Christmas 1996. Best present ever :)



I thought it would be fun to post some of my favorite pics of Ryan over the years. Notice they aren't in great order and are all since we got a digital camera.



Ryan playing short stop - look at that determined look on his face. One of my favorite past times is watching Ryan play baseball. And now I love to watch him umpire games too.

Burnt to a crisp in Siesta Key, Florida but still proud of his sandcastle. He has always loved to construct things. We had to put 75 spf on his shoulders cause he got so burnt the first day.


Hanging out at the farm with Mallory. Doesn't he look like Brent in this picture?


Again constructing things -- Lincoln Logs at Margret's.

Loving his Hawkeyes -- this started at a young age. Dig the buzz cut in some of these pics :) Thank goodness he has let his hair grow out as he's gotten older.



I thought I'd share Ryan's crazy look with all of you. He does this often but usually only around home. It drives Megan crazy which make Ryan do it more. I'd be in big trouble if he knew I put this on here but it does describe a side of Ryan very few people get to see. This is in Chicago and he had been running in a fountain with Megan - that's why he's wet.


Ryan reminds me of a lot of people but especially Dad. They are both frugal in a good way -- like to work & make money & save it but generous hearts. Also, check out Ryan's eyebrows sometime - they are exactly like Dad's.



Beauty & grace all in one motion - haha! Not sure what this was supposed to be but it's got belly flop written all over it. Oct 2006 at Brent & Amy's wedding weekend bonanza!


Ryan loves to hang with his cousins! That's a genuine smile not the forced smile for the camera as I make him. Cute pic of Trey too at Brent & Amy's rehearsal dinner.



There are many, many more but just a few to share as we all anticipate Ryan's leap into teenagerism.







1 comment:

Amy said...

What a great post about Ryan. He's a great guy... (guy instead of kid now, right?) Happy Birthday, Ryan!