Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2nd Island Stop - St. John Excursion

We took an excursion on a small boat from St. Thomas to St. John. I wish I'd taken more pictures from the boat ride (photo regret #3 or so).



Here's a picture of the port where this little boat docked. St. John was really hilly & they drive on the otherside of the road. We were glad to have a bus ride to Trunk Bay. This photo was from the bus at the top of a hill.



This is Trunk Bay. It's really beautiful & we snorkeled here. It would have been great to spend more time. We only got an hour or so since we had a schedule to get back to the ship on time. This would be one of the cons with cruising.

Here we are down on that beautiful white sand beach. Bruce loves to snorkel now that he's figured out he needs to shave first.

The fish were all around these little islands & there were tons of birds living on the islands too.

Bruce loves nothing more than to float in the ocean. The water was crystal clear.


I'm trying to solve the Ryan-is-never-in-pictures problem with this trip. Ryan is the last to say "take a picture of me." So I got him to pose as much as possible. Here's a view of the beach from the water.





I wish I'd gotten pictures of our tour guides. This trip our guide's name was Jeff. Friendly guy but we found all tour guides tell the same jokes. Didn't matter on the islands the jokes don't change - "See that beautiful mansion (yes), that's my house (wow), no people you've got to be kiddin' hahahaha."


Tomorrow my favorite - St. Maarten!

No comments: