Saturday, June 26, 2010

On the Cruise - Flowrider

One of the main reasons we picked Royal Caribbean was the Flowrider. The kids had seen the commercials and were hooked. Ryan spent the most time on it since he was more patient about enduring the lines. They'll sell you a lesson with no lines for $60 an hour - thanks, don't think so!!

Ryan's first trip on the boogie board was a little tipsy.
But then he got better...
And better....


And wipeout!! Ryan had lots of wipeouts cause he kept trying to do this double roll trick. He finally mastered it the last day but I wasn't there to take a photo. I was watching the cruise staff vs. everyone else in dodgeball.

Megan took a turn during our first full day at sea. She said it was fun but not fun enough to stand in line forever. She liked the rock wall (see tomorrow's post for pictures).
I can't remember if she's starting in this photo or about to get pushed into the back. That's when you're out when the wave pushes you to the back. They divide the Flowrider for boogie boards but use the whole thing for surfing.
Ryan convinced Bruce to try it during one of our last at sea days.
Bruce was surprisingly good on his first try. I was waiting for a big wipeout picture but never got one.


I forgot to mention how international a cruise is from the staff to the guests. Seemed like everyone had an accent except us. Although Megan was told she had a Kansas twang. The cruise director was from Canada, our waiters were from Jamaica (mon!), and our cabin steward was from Haiti. Tons & tons of British guests too. Made me want to start speaking with a British accent. I'm also guessing the British Pound is very strong against the US dollar so they all decided to cruise!




No comments: