Monday, September 22, 2008

Nostalgia - Ryan as Dwight D. Eisenhower



I'm filling in slow times with pictures from the past year. These may be events many of you did not hear about or see pictures of.


This is Ryan in his American Heros outfit. This is Dad's Army dress greens. I was so amazed it fit Ryan. The jacket was just a little big on him and the hat fit perfectly. Ryan was Dwight D. Eisenhower hence the "I like Ike" buttons. He did a speech in front of his class and parents. That's when I took this picture.



Then he entered the contest to represent his school. I didn't get to see that one. He wore a white dress shirt, dress slacks, & tie with the jacket & hat. He said the kids all said "Wooo" when he walked in. Something about a man in uniform :) He finished second in the contest to a girl who was Ruth Bader-Ginsburg. Her dad is a lawyer & she had a robe, gavel, etc. Tough competition but I was proud of Ryan that he at least tried out.



Thanks again for lending us your Army dress greens Dad!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Practically a mirror image! Now, if you could just get him to dress up like Reagan, Brent would freak out...in a good way!