Megan had her 2nd cheer competition this weekend. The first was before Thanksgiving and was a minor competition. This weekend was a major one at Bartle Hall in downtown KC. It was on Saturday & Sunday. Saturday was prelims & Megan's team was in 1st after Saturday results. They performed even better on Sunday and they won! 
Here's the whole team on the stage after they were announced as winners. They are called "national champions" but it's not like there is only one competition claiming this. It's confusing but the kids are happy about it. Megan is the blond (thanks to Amy M.) to the left, 2nd row, & behind the girl in plaid pj pants.
I was lucky to meet a team mom who brought her good camera & shared this team picture with me.
It was an exciting & exhausting weekend. I hear it's like a swim meet - you wait all day to see your kid compete for a minute. At least cheer is 2 mins 30 seconds :) I'm learning to take a large bag to competitions with a book & lots of snacks.
Meg has another cheer competition this weekend & I'll try to get some video this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment