Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh Christmas Trees......



The kids' Christmas Tree tradition continues...they never seem to tire of their little trees. I refuse to get our big tree until after Ryan's birthday. This seems to be more of a sticking point for me than Ryan - my poor little December (16th) baby!
So, the kids have had these little trees in their rooms since they were tiny. I think Megan was 3 or 4 when she got her tree. They have quite a collection of ornaments on them by now & love to turn the lights on when they go to bed.
Megan got creative with her lights this year & also strung them across her headboard on her bed. I'm learning as the kids get older to turn them loose & they'll usually do a better job than if I helped. I didn't have to help them with anything except getting the decorations & trees out of the basement & to their rooms. There are good things about the kids getting older :)






1 comment:

Mleyneks said...

Mikiah did some light decorating in our livingroom. We used stick pins and put some tracer lights up. It is fun. Also put some across the top of our cabinets. Mik would love a tree of her own, but it is hard to add tradition after the other kids are gone now and they didn't get to. I know everything isn't fair, but it still is a little hard to do.