Monday, December 22, 2008

Ryan's Christmas Tradition



We were at Margret's this weekend for Christmas. I was a bad blogger and did not get pictures of her tree or gift giving. Sorry! But, I did get pictures of Ryan's Lincoln Log creations.
Ryan has played with Bruce's old Lincoln Logs since he was little. It started with him scooping them up with a toy tractor and dumping them into a truck. Then it was building something with Bruce and plowing into it with a bulldozer.
He has begun constructing buildings the last several years and they've become more complex. This time he even put a picnic table in the backyard. No more plowing into them either - they are carefully deconstructed too.
He's now doing 2 story structures with front porches. I thought I'd better get pictures of these before he decides to stop playing with the Lincoln Logs, if that ever happens.


Just to prove how old these lincoln logs are - I took pictures of the containers. Can you believe they've lasted all these years? Nice '70s packaging, huh.
Kudos to Margret for preserving these containers and the Lincoln Logs all these years. Who knows, Ryan's kids may play with these someday too :)

2 comments:

Mleyneks said...

Aunt Debbie is very impressed with Ryan's buildings!! I've tried to help my kids build for years, but I haven't improved! Cool Lincoln Log containers!

Lauren said...

I used to love playing with Lincoln Logs. Fun!