Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dad's turn - photos from the past

I'm including pictures of Dad we all haven't seen often or at all. Mom gave us Dad's Army portrait & we've all seen his graduation picture too. So here's some not-so-seen photos:

Here's my favorite picture of Dad as a kid. He's 12 in this picture (1951). This is the same age as Drew & Ryan. I like this shirt too cause I've seen it on a couple of his brothers in family pictures. There weren't many childhood pictures of Dad. I guess that's what happens when you're #9 in a family of 12.


This is Dad's state tournament basketball team. Dad is the handsome young man holding the ball & Uncle Jim is beside him to the right (the one without glasses).
I think this photo is cute and not because I'm in it (I've got that newborn glazed look). Look at the cute expressions on Deb & Art's faces. So cute! And Dad is looking handsome, young, & tan in his cowboy farmin' hat. This one is from 1966.

This was a special request photo of Brent's when they were visiting but I couldn't find it. I found it Brent! Brent used to enjoy joining Dad when he was "sittin' for awhile." I don't know how I got in this picture since I did not enjoy this pasttime as much as Brent. You know you're a good dad when you let your toddlers do this! This one is from 1970.

I just realized I didn't get a picture of Dad & Mom in this group. I'll take care of that in a future post so stayed tuned.

Mom...your turn is next.

No comments: